BeaconLBS Web Privacy Statement
Beacon Laboratory Solutions, Inc, (collectively “BeaconLBS”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”), is a leading supplier of laboratory benefit solutions (“Service”) that is committed to protecting and respecting your (“Your” or “You”) privacy and personal information, meaning any information about You which is personally identifiable (“Personal Information”), that We may collect from or which You may submit to or through https://www.beaconlbs.com/ or other BeaconLBS websites with this privacy statement (the “Website”).
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding Your Personal Information and how We will treat it. This Privacy Statement applies only to Personal Information collected on the Website. It does not apply to Personal Information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible to the Website over which We have no influence or control. The use of other sites, or the submission of Personal Information to other third-party sites is at Your own risk and is subject to their privacy statements and policies.
Collecting Your Personal Information Directly from You
Generally, You can visit the Website without revealing who You are and without disclosing any of Your Personal Information. However, there may be times when We require Personal Information about You or when You wish to disclose such Personal Information to Us. Such Personal Information is obtained when submitted by You and is subject to the provisions set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about You:
- Information that You provide by filling in forms on the Website, such as Your personal details (e.g., Your name, etc.) or contact details (e.g., telephone number, email address, postal address, etc.). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the registration-only sections of the Website.
- We may also ask You for Personal Information in association with other communications (such as when You report a problem with the Website).
- If You contact us, in writing, by email or other electronic means, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of Your visits to the Website and information as You navigate through the Website together with details of the resources that You access. This information includes but is not limited to: usage details, IP addresses, location data and other communication data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where required by law we may ask for Your explicit consent to collect information considered to be sensitive Personal Information (such as information about Your ethnicity or protected health information). You may withdraw Your consent at any time by contacting Us at the details below.
We do not ask you to provide protected health information to us through our general website.* We obtain protected health information about you only if you voluntarily choose to provide such information via correspondence with BeaconLBS. Feedback forms used in BeaconLBS correspondence specifically request that you not include information such as user names, passwords, social security numbers, and private health information.
* If you are a user of the Physician Decision Support service, you may be asked to provide Personal Information through those applications. In addition to the general applicability of this Privacy Statement to those products, use of those applications and any information collected through there, are governed by specific end user agreements, as well as BeaconLBS’ Notice of Privacy Practices relating to use and disclosure of protected health information.
Collecting Your Information from Other Sources
- Name, address, email address, company name, title, preferences
We may enhance or merge Your Personal Information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes for which We use Your Personal Information that You personally volunteer.
How We Will Use Your Personal Information
We may use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We may analyze Your Personal Information to better understand Your needs and how We can improve Our websites, products and services. For instance, We may use Your information to verify that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for You and for Your device, or to allow You to participate in the registration-only features of the Website, when You choose to do so.
- We may use Your Personal Information to communicate to You about new services and products that may be of interest to you. When You register online for one of Our services, You may be given the option of receiving periodic informational/promotional mail or email from BeaconLBS where You can choose whether or not to receive correspondence. You can also opt into or out of receiving periodic informational/ promotional mail at a later date by changing Your preferences within Your registration profile or by following the instructions provided in the email at any time. BeaconLBS may utilize email marketing software as a third-party service to manage certain email communications.
- We may use Your Personal Information to provide You with the services and products You request, and to assist with Your questions about Our services
- We may use Your Personal Information to respond to subsequent requests You may make of Us.
We may use Your Personal Information to exercise Our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims, or violations of law or the contract.
If You do not want Us to use Your Personal Information in this way, please contact Us at the details below.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information and Protected Health Information, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
BeaconLBS reserves the right to share Personal Information in response to duly authorized information requests of any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority, or other third party, where We believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect Our rights or the rights of any third party.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Information Security and Storage
We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of this Website. We also reserve the right take any action to prevent the unauthorized use of Our intellectual property rights.
We may cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. There may be other circumstances in which We may be required by law to disclose information about You or Your use of this Website. By visiting this Website, You waive Your right to file a claim and hold Us harmless from any third party claims resulting from such disclosures and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either Us or law enforcement authorities.
The Safety and Security of Your Personal Information Also Depends on You
If You choose or are given a user identification code, password or any other information as part of Our security procedures for one of the registration-only sections of the Website, You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and user name for the Website and You are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We will not be liable in any instance when Your actions or omissions lead to another individual learning of or using Your password, username, identification code, or other information described here.
Please be aware that while We take appropriate steps to safeguard the security of Your Personal Information, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure and therefore You do this at Your own risk. Once We receive Your Personal Information We will implement strict security procedures with the objective of preventing unauthorized access.
We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain a level of security appropriate to the risk to the Personal Information We process. These measures are aimed at maintaining the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis.
We will retain Your Personal Information in accordance with Our record retention policy, as updated from time to time, and as long as We have a relationship with You. To request that Your Personal Information be deleted from Our databases, please see below for more information.
BeaconLBS tracks visitors to our website by collecting data elements called cookies. Cookies collected from the BeaconLBS website are used to (1) enable certain functions and tools on this website, (2) assist in the navigation of the website, (3) track resources and data used on this site, (4) promote BeaconLBS’ products and services, and (5) remember computer settings. BeaconLBS also collects other forms of non-personal information, such as browsers used to access our website, search terms used to find the website, and traffic referrals and links to our website. Cookies are not permanently maintained within our tracking system. You may prevent your computer from accepting cookies by modifying the properties on your web browser; however, stopping your computer from accepting cookies may limit your web browser’s functionality on the BeaconLBS website.
BeaconLBS also uses the services of Google Analytics software to analyze traffic to the various BeaconLBS webpages. Data collected regarding site usage is compiled in aggregate to improve the performance of the site. If you do not wish your information to be included in this aggregated data through Google Analytics, you can download and install Google’s “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” available here.
As a convenience to our site visitors, the BeaconLBS website may contain links to a number of sites that may provide useful information. Links contained on the BeaconLBS website that transfer you to a non-BeaconLBS site are not maintained by BeaconLBS and may contain different privacy policies from those of our Company. You may review the privacy policies of these websites and/or receive specific information regarding that site’s privacy policies and procedures after leaving the BeaconLBS site. BeaconLBS is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of a non-BeaconLBS website. BeaconLBS does not control, or have any input into, whether our business partners or internet-linked sites, use or accept cookies on their sites.
Updates and Changes
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time and will make the updated Privacy Statement available on this page. Changes and additions to the Privacy Statement are effective from the date on which they are posted. Please review the Privacy Statement from time to time to check whether We have made any changes to the way in which We use Your Personal Information.
You should be aware that this Site is not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 18.
Your Rights over Your Personal Information
You have certain rights regarding Your Personal Information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access Your Personal Information;
- rectify the information We hold about You;
- erase Your Personal Information;
- restrict Our use of Your Personal Information;
- object to Our use of Your Personal Information;
- receive Your Personal Information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability); and
- lodge a complaint with Your local data protection authority if one exists in Your country.
We encourage You to contact Us to update or correct Your Personal Information if it changes or if the Personal Information We hold about You is inaccurate. Please note that We will likely require additional information from You in order to honor Your requests.
Please note that should You request that Your Personal Information be deleted, You may continue to receive materials for a short period while We are updating Our lists. Your records will then be permanently deleted from Our systems
How to Contact Us
Beacon Laboratory Benefit Solutions is based in the US and is the controller responsible for Personal Information that it collects and processes.
If You have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which Your personal information is used, please contact Us via mail at 28 W. Grand Avenue, Suite #4, Montvale, New Jersey 07654, marking Your letter for the attention of the Data Controller, Compliance Department. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Privacy Statement was last updated April 4, 2022.